Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 14, 2008

Down In The Dumps

This entire week has been Spring Break for us here at USU. I know I should be so happy since it was a much needed week off for my husband but the gym which I go to was closed this entire week for renovations. I have been trying to go for long walks (in the rain), do workout videos, and online instructions but aggghhhhh!!!! I miss my workout routine in the gym! I hadn't realized just how much I was getting from going to the gym and working out every day. I am feeling sore and my back aches, my legs are feeling week and I am more out of breath....agghh! Not to mention that dedicated "me" time where I get to be truly alone with my own thought's and to think things through. I never in a million years thought I would be depressed because I couldn't go to the gym! Pretty funny actually, but all the same I am sad today as I am counting down the days until the gym opens again on Monday morning. I guess that's another irony, I think I am the only person on the planet looking forward to Spring Break ending and for Monday to come!!

5 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhh, I'm sorry Moana! Come over and use my treadmill! I'm dead serious. :)

Jeannette said...

Totally understable. When you exercise you release endorphins that help you reduce pain and anxiety and give you energy and even a sense of euphoria. We are creatures of habit and although you are getting some excercise your body is missing a rutine. Increase your water intake, listen to uplifting music and take Rachel up on her offer.
Jim gets the same way if he doesn't go to the gym so I make sure he goes or life is NO fun. LOL.
Will you please wish your brothers,Queen and Kingi an early Happy Bday from their auntie?
Love you!

The Perkins Family said...

I'm so on the same page with you, expect it's not because the gym is closed. Ever since Kailey has started crawling I have to workout BEFORE she gets up and this week I haven't been able to get up before her, so I havent' worked out my routine either. Jeannette has some great advice. If you need to get out and have "me" time just go to the mall or sams club and walk so you're not in the rain and cold. Leave your wallet at home so you won't be tempted.

Samantha said...

Hope tomorrow brings happy feelings and lots of sweat! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I understand, I love the way you feel after a good workout.