Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Preparations

It seems almost unfair that Easter and St. Patrick's Day fell so close to each other this year! My head is spinning since I am still recovering from all the green from St. Patrick's Day! But I am planning a few Easter activities for Liam. I found this really neat way to die hard-boiled eggs here. I liked this idea a lot since I don't think Liam has the patience to sit and dip his eggs in colors waiting for the dye to set. This technique seems better suited to the pre-schooler crowd. Every year we also make carrot cake cupcakes that we frost with white cream cheese frosting then take some green food-coloring and dye some shredded coconut. You then take a small pinch of the coconut and lay it on top of the cupcake (wet frosting acts like glue) you then take an egg shaped candy such as a jelly bean or malted robins egg and press gently into the center of the coconut. You then have a yummy spring cupcake decorated with a birds nest. My mom did this one year when I was a pre-teen and every year since then I have made these to celebrate the Easter season. We are also going to have a special FHE lesson on the atonement. Liam also gets a special book from the Easter Bunny teaching him about the Savior and his atonement. This is the book we are getting this year. We also have plans to go to the USU Easter Egg hunt and have a yummy ham dinner on Sunday. What are some of the the things that you do to prepare for Easter, how are you teaching your children the true meaning of Easter? I love hearing what others are doing, I learn so much from you all!!

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohh, I'm so bummed to miss the MASA egg hunt this year. Hope you guys have fun! Thanks for all the cute, creative ideas Moana, you're so inventive.

Michele said...

I love fun cupcake ideas. I just saw something similar to that the other day on tv and thought it was a great idea. I also like the idea of giving a special book to teach about the atonement. Happy Easter.

Xela said...

What fun Ideas you have. I will have to try the Egg idea. Jeff's brother always comes to visit us at Easter. They arrive in the morning so we will have a fun weekend with them. Happy Easter! Love ya.

Samantha said...

Those eggs look like so much fun!! Much easier then the mess we always make! :) Hope you have a great Easter! Love you!