Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Expressiveness

Perhaps it is typical for all little six year old boys to experiement with different facial expressions, but I believe Liam is especially proficient at it. Each time I look through my camera lens at him, he is posing and expressing himself in some new way. When asked later, he has the most amazingly creative stories about who he was being in the photo. He is either a ninja saving the world, an evil scientist plotting to destroy the world or some such character. I love that he also contorts his body to fully
commit to the roles he is portraying. This past week, my budding little actor went to Pickleville Playhouse in Bear Lake to watch his Uncle, Dr. Thomas Fullmer, perform a role in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." Liam came home beaming from ear to ear and filled with so much to tell me about the experience. He was so excited that there is such a thing called "plays." Little does he know that his momma was once a budding actress in her youth. I used to LOVE drama and was
quite good. It was something that I greatly enjoyed. I would love it if Liam found an avenue to express himself creatively if he chose to when he gets a little older. He is already quite the performer and loves to be on stage in the lime light. At my family's last Thanksgiving party, he promptly got up on stage to dance like a crazy man in front of 80 people. I was shocked and one proud momma! Liam is ordinarily very shy and reserved. However, once he was on stage, all of that was forgotten as he danced the feelings in his heart out for everyone to see. The applause was deafening as his cousins, uncles, aunties, and grandparents cheered him on. "Go Liam, Go Liam," filled the air as he left it on the dance floor. After wards, my family members were all agog with Liam's amazing talent and that he was so uninhibited. My shy boy in public was actually a seasoned pro under the glaring lights of the stage. I asked him later how that made him feel to have everyone cheering him on, his reply was, "Mom I am a rock star." Just one more of his many persona's that he is free to try on and experiment with. I never know which person he is going to be, Batman, Mad Scientist, or shy six year old. No matter which one he chooses, he is still all mine and I love him more for it and that at this age, he gets to try on new roles as he tries to figure out who and what he is going to be some day.

0 comments: