Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 18, 2011

Changes

I have always thought of myself as someone who loves change. I love rearranging my furniture, the decor in my house, and I especially love getting a new haircut. However, as I have been facing the reality that every single aspect of my life will be changing this year--from driving a minivan, to moving from Campus, to adding a new family member--I am kinda freaking out. I find myself waking up in the middle of the night worried about how Liam will cope with a new sibling. My mind tends to wander as I try to envision where I will be living later this Summer. I find myself filled with anxiety about how I will organize my new place.

I have such fond memories of living here in Aggie Village and I am sad that I have to move yet happy at the same time that I will get a fresh new start. I am worried that I am making a huge mistake to stay in Logan one more year while Bill commutes. I get so overwhelmed that the tears begin to form and I have to remind myself that there is a loving Heavenly Father that is mindful of me and that he is aware of my struggles and anxieties. I have to take a deep breath and remember that it is through prayer and the Holy Ghost that he makes his wishes known to me. I have to keep reminding myself that all these changes are a good thing and that I will be O.K. There is a higher power at work here and as much as I want to believe it is me that is control--the truth is I am really powerless and that I have to use my faith to get me through.

2 comments:

Jana Perkins said...

I remember going thru something very similar last year. It will all work out somehow. Don't let your anxiety and fear get in the way of the spirits promptings. You are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I have some similar feelings this year, we have a lot going on right now and some big decisions ahead along with a new baby on the way. Somehow, I know it will all work out. This is the Lord's plan for me so I am just going to have to roll with it and see where He takes me. I know you will do great with everything--you are a wonder-woman, you always amaze me with everything you are able to balance! Hang in there and I know it will turn out great :)