Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sickness

I am almost thirteen weeks which means that I am nearly in my second trimester. I am so glad that I have been able to make it this far. I was relieved because for the first ten weeks things were going well and I was feeling tired and nauseated but it was manageable. I got a sinus infection and ever since then I have been wiped out. My nausea also changed and is identical to that which I had with Liam. I have been missing in action and out for the count ever since. It has been especially challenging since Bill is living away from us during the week. I have a new appreciation and understanding of what it much be like for single parents. Its a hard and yucky job and I have a new found respect for those who are in this situation. Without Bill, I feel like I am missing my arms and legs and its especially tough right now as I am really sick and hardly able to get out of bed every day. I can't wait for our family to be living together again, I miss the help and company that I have in my spouse. I guess through this experience I am realizing how much I have taken for granted when it comes to my husband. Liam has grown up so much through this experience and is learning to be more responsible and mature. I am grateful that he is as old as he is and that he is able to understand what is going on with his sick momma. Its really hard being in this position, I am the independent type of person that doesn't like to rely on others or inconvenience them to help me. I am used to doing things for myself and helping others along the way. Sadly, however, I am not in that position right now and I am being humbled by the people who are reaching out to help me right now. As nasty as the nausea is, my doctor put it into perspective when he told me that its a good sign and that this baby is really stuck in there. I have a history of miscarrying and so I guess he is right. As horrid as I feel its a great sign that this baby is going to make it.

2 comments:

WILLFULL said...

oh baby I am so sorry that you are so sick. It is humbling to see how much you are willing to sacrifice for our family. I love and appreciate you so much. I wish that I could shoulder this burden for you. I love you honey

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhhhh so sorry you are so sick! That is the worst! You are so grateful to be pregnant, but so miserable so it's hard to "enjoy" it. I agree, it was SO much easier having Savanna be as old as she was when I was pregnant with Lilly, she was so independent. It's funny, as much as I wanted my kids closer, I think the Lord knows me better and it really is HEAVEN having them 4 years apart because the older sibling is so helpful. Liam will be such a great big brother!!!