Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nostalgia

I have a friend who is interested in babywearing and so I have been sharing with her my personal experiences from wearing Liam. She wanted to see some pictures of our wrap in action and so I have been flipping through old photos today. I am dying over how cute my little Liam boy was as a little baby. I can't help but think about our newest baby boy and wonder what he will look like. From his ultrasounds he looks almost identical to Liam and so I am assuming they will look very similar to one another with their own variations. I am also reeling by how much my life has changed and improved over the past six years. Liam has brought so much joy and life changes into my life and I am eternally grateful for these blessings. I thought I would include some pics of us babywearing and a short video of baby Liam as I marvel at the joy and happiness the past six years have brought in being Liam's mama.

Bill's graduation day May 2007. Moana wearing Liam with a storchenwiege wrap under a Suze Kinder Coat.
Cleaning the house with 3 1/2 year old Liam along for a ride on mama's back.

Liam loved to ride on my back and would often bring the wrap to me and say, "Up." From this, I knew he wanted to be on his mama in the wrappy.

My younger sister wearing her six month old Camiley while I wear 2 year old Liam. We are at our sister Ana's wedding in 2007 at the Salt Lake Temple.

I love this little face! Seeing young pictures of little Liam makes me sad and happy all at the same time. I miss this little boy so much and yet I love the six year old dude that he is today and I am so lucky and blessed to be his mama.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean, Moana! Talton asks me sometimes, "Mommy, on my birthday when I turn six, are you going to be happy or sad?" The answer is definitely both! It has been so heavenly having a new baby around our house, but I know eventually this one is going to grow up, too! It's a part of life, and we love and cherish each new phase, but it sure is hard to say goodbye to the baby-ness. By the way, I am interested in babywearing, too. I just ordered a Moby wrap from Amazon a few days ago, because I had heard good things, but your wrap looks amazing! Do you know anything about the Moby wraps? Postive/negative?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

WOW, I remember you doing the baby wearing thing but I didn't know he did it till he was so old! WOW! You're amazing! And must have a super strong back. :)