Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest Review: Snicker Salad

Last year I joined the pinterest band wagon and I have loved being a member ever since. I love that I can organize all of the great ideas I find on the Internet as well as see what others have pinned and can also add those to my folders. I LOVE pinterest and have learned tons and tons of things in the past year. I thought that I would start sharing some of my own reviews of some of the pins I have tried so that you may benefit from what I have found on pinterest.

Since moving in the last few weeks, we were invited to a Get-to-Know-You party. It was a potluck dessert party and I was dreading baking a dessert that would make our home hot. So I made a cold dessert instead. I know that this recipe is called a salad but really, anything with these ingredients is more of a sweet and refreshing treat in my mind.  I found the recipe on this AMAZING blog.


Snicker Salad:
Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
6 Snickers candy bars ( I actually used four packets of mini-sized snickers)
4 -6 granny smith apples (or whatever apple you like, but wouldn’t recommend a soft variety)
A few drops of fresh lemon juice
Directions
Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly blended.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Mix in the lemon juice to stop cool whip from liquidizing and keeping the apples from oxidizing.
Cut Snickers into bite size chunks and add to cream cheese mixture.
Chop the apples into chunks and stir.
Chill 1 hour before serving.
To combat a runny salad it is suggested that you mix it up a few hours before and not over night.

 Review: This salad/dessert was inexpensive and quick to make up. Bill chopped the apples while Liam unwrapped the mini snickers and I chopped the snickers up. The result was a cool and refreshing salad/desert. It reminded me of a creamy caramelized apple with nuts. It was very popular and quite a conversation started. I just said the name and I had three people fighting over the first serving. I would suggest when chopping that you keep in mind that you want a small bite-size so that you get all the ingredients in one mouthful. This salad/desert also went far and made more than enough for the 40 people attending the potluck. We will be adding this recipe to our rotation and start sharing it with more potlucks that we are invited to in the future.




0 comments: